Chef Jeff Henderson shares his Super Shrimp Scampi with Kale Herb recipe.
Super Shrimp Scampi with Kale Herb
1/3 cup canola oil
3 tablespoons red onion, small diced
½ tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
8 jumbo shrimp, butterflied
¼ cup white wine, Riesling
3 tablespoons buttery spread
3 tablespoons of ready made smoked barbeque sauce
¼ cup tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon kale
Ground black pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1½ tablespoons of finely chopped kale
- In a small bowl add olive oil, garlic, kale and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp and toss well.
- Marinade shrimp and set aside.
- Bring a large sauté pan to medium high heat. Add oil, red onions, jalapeno and shrimp.
- Sauté until shrimp begins to plump up. Add white wine, buttery spread and barbeque sauce.
- Let shrimp simmer until sauce thickens. Add tomatoes and kale. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with rice.
In a small bowl add olive oil, garlic, kale and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add shrimp and toss well.