Check out recipes from the talented MasterChef Juniors!
Fettucine Salsiccia E Pomodoro
2 cups flour
1 Tspoon olive oil
3 sweet Italian sausages
1 clove of garlic
1 can peeled whole tomatoes
1/2 cup half & half
1/2 frozen peas
A pinch of salt & pepper
Olive oil enough to coat pan
• Make a well with flour and eggs.
• Mix with a fork.
• Add olive oil.
• Keep mixing until it gets more and more solid and becomes a dough.
• Set aside for 30 to 60 minutes.
• Then roll out dough into sheets so when you can see light through them that’s when you stop.
• Roll into a tube and cut the pasta into fettuccine strips.
• Lay out the pasta onto a dishcloth with a little flour to keep it from sticking.
• Let rest about 30 minutes or more.
• Put water in a large pot and boil with 2 big tablespoons salt.
• Throw fettuccine in and let cook until al dente about 3 to 5 minutes.
• Chop garlic finely.
• Sauté in pan with hot oil for a couple of minutes.
• Cut open the sausages and take out the ground meat.
• Add to pan.
• Sauté until almost cooked through.
• Put tomatoes in a bowl and squish with hands to brake them up.
• Add to pan.
• Simmer for about 10 minutes.
• Add salt and pepper.
• Add the half and half and mix well.
• Add the frozen peas to the hot sauce.
• Let simmer a few more minutes.
• Pour over pasta and grate fresh parmesan on top.
Stuffed Pork Chop
2 one inch cut pork chops
1/4 pound of mild provolone diced
1/4 pound of extra spicy capicola ham diced
2 cloves garlic finely minced
5 ounces of spinach
One egg yolk
2 sprigs of thyme finely chopped
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees
• Wilt spinach along with garlic in a large pan. set aside.
• To make stuffing: combine in a bowl the capicola ham, provolone, thyme, egg yolk and the spinach mixture. add salt and pepper.
• Cut an opening in the pork chop holding a knife parallel to a cutting board.
• Cut a wide pocket into the pork, going nearly all the way through (to the bone) but leaving the sides intact and the opening small.
• Stuff the pork chops generously with the stuffing, then season with salt and pepper, then sear on all sides until golden brown.
• Place the pork chops in a glass pyrex dish. making sure the pork chops are not over lapping in any way.
• Bake in oven for 15 minutes or when internal temperature of pork chops reaches 155 degrees.
• Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
to learn more about MASTERCHEF JUNIOR!